The recent developments in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainable development is implying that companies need to address the sustainability challenges in their businesses. The companies, irrespective of their size, are required to integrate the societal welfare aspect in their processes holistically.
Effective CSR implementation requires trained and skilled professionals who can respond to diverse development challenges. Keeping these broad issues in mind BVIC along with the Center for Social Entrepreneurship (School of Management and Labour Studies) of Tata Institute of Social Science, Mumbai is initiating an Executive Program in Innovative CSR.
The program is designed with the entrepreneurial approach for planning and implementation of CSR and Sustainable Development initiatives by the companies. It targets professionals working in the corporate, government and non-governmental organizations. The interdisciplinary themes – economics, development, social policy, entrepreneurship, and business management – are being brought together in the Executive Program. It is designed to provide an interdisciplinary perspective on CSR and emerging models of CSR practices.
The program is designed to help those who believe in social innovation and enterprise as a tool for social change. It is planned to help the participants to acquire the knowledge, skills, and mindset necessary to launch a new social entrepreneurial venture or play a key leadership role in an existing one. It focuses on the unique entrepreneurial processes associated with the creation or discovery of positive social change. The purpose of this course is to introduce participants to the concept, theories and practice of social entrepreneurship in India.
• To provide theoretical and philosophical perspectives in CSR
• To develop interdisciplinary perspectives of sustainable development challenges, its drivers, tools and approaches
• To develop a standpoint on innovation and entrepreneurship in the design of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development initiatives
• Apply the entrepreneurial approach to CSR and sustainable development initiatives
• To develop skills for designing innovative solutions in the areas of economic, social, and environmental sustainability
• To enhance the capacity of the participants in implementing CSR program
• To boost the capacity of the participants to apply the principles and standards for sustainability assessment and reporting
• The program is open for the graduates of any discipline – Literature, Arts, Science, Engineering and Technology, Computer Science, Economics, Commerce, and Management.
• The candidates must have at least three years of work experience in the Corporate, Government or Non-Governmental Organizations.
• The selection will be based on the minimum educational qualification, working experience, statement of the purpose and result of the entrance test.
The selection will be based on the minimum educational qualification, working experience, statement of the purpose and selection test.
The program will use interactive pedagogy including lecture, case discussion, experiential learning through workshops and field projects. Apart from the regular lectures, the participants will be exposed to the current practices in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainable development initiatives through field works and group projects. The participants will also get opportunities for interacting professionals from academia, business and government.
The participant’s performance will be evaluated based on attendance in the class sessions, written examination, assignments, project work and presentations.