Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Innovative CSR (EPGDICSR)
Program designed for CSR professionals, Corporate executives, Non-Profit professionals, CSR Consultants & Practitioners, Government Officials, Policy makers and Academicians
- Open for the graduates of any discipline with minimum 55% score
- Candidates must have at least three years of work experience
- Number of modules: 5
- Program duration: 18 Months
- Total Intake: 30
- Program Fee: 3,00,000 INR*
- *Partial Scholarships available to limited applicants based on their merit and eligibility
- Launch: June 2020
Overview of the program
The recent developments in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainable development is implying that companies need to address the sustainability challenges in their businesses. The companies, irrespective of their size, are required to integrate the societal welfare aspect in their processes holistically.
Effective CSR implementation requires trained and skilled professionals who can respond to diverse development challenges. Keeping these broad issues in mind BVIC along with the Center for Social Entrepreneurship (School of Management and Labour Studies) of Tata Institute of Social Science, Mumbai is initiating an Executive Program in Innovative CSR.
The program is designed with the entrepreneurial approach for planning and implementation of CSR and Sustainable Development initiatives by the companies. Interdisciplinary themes – economics, development, social policy, entrepreneurship, and business management – are being brought together in this Executive Program.
Objectives of the Program
- To provide theoretical and philosophical perspectives in CSR
- To develop interdisciplinary perspectives of sustainable development challenges, its drivers, tools and approaches
- To develop a standpoint on innovation and entrepreneurship in the design of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development initiatives
- Apply the entrepreneurial approach to CSR and sustainable development initiatives
- To develop skills for designing innovative solutions in the areas of economic, social, and environmental sustainability
- To enhance the capacity of the participants in implementing CSR program
- To boost the capacity of the participants to apply the principles and standards for sustainability assessment and reporting
- The program is open for the graduates of any discipline – Literature, Arts, Science, Engineering and Technology, Computer Science, Economics, Commerce, and Management.
- The candidates must have at least three years of work experience in the Corporate, Government or Non-Governmental Organizations.
- The selection will be based on the minimum educational qualification, working experience, statement of the purpose and result of the entrance test.
|Module||Focus||Course Code||Title||Credits||Total Credits|
|1||Foundation||EPGDI C01||Corporate Social Responsibility||2||8|
|EPGDI C02||Entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurs||2|
|EPGDI C03||Sustainable Development||2|
|II||Key stakeholder Analysis||EPGDI C05||Problem Mapping||2||8|
|EPGDI C06||Social Research Methods||2|
|EPGDI C07||Participatory Tools for Analysis||2|
|EPGDI C08||Problem Mappings||2|
|III||Basis for Design||EPGDI C09||Problem Mapping||2||8|
|EPGDI C10||Triple Bottom Line||2|
|EPGDI C11||Legal Framework for CSR||2|
|EPGDI C12||CSR Blueprint Design (project Work 2)||2|
|IV||Elements of CSR Program Design||EPGDI C13||Stakeholder||2||8|
|EPGDI C14||Marketing Resource Management||2|
|EPGDI C15||Process Management||2|
|EPGDI C16||CSR Program Design (Project Work 3)||2|
|V||Impact Assessment and Reporting||EPGDI C17||Monitoring and Evaluation||2||8|
|EPGDI C18||Impact Assessment||2|
|EPGDI C19||Sustainability Reporting||2|
|EPGDI C20||CSR Impact Framework Development (Project Work 4)||2|
|VI||Practicum||EPGDI C21||CSR Program Design||2||4|
The selection will be based on the minimum educational qualification, working experience, statement of the purpose and selection test.
The program will use interactive pedagogy including lecture, case discussion, experiential learning through workshops and field projects. Apart from the regular lectures, the participants will be exposed to the current practices in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainable development initiatives through field works and group projects. The participants will also get opportunities for interacting professionals from academia, business and government.
Medium of Delivery
The participant’s performance will be evaluated based on attendance in the class sessions, written examination, assignments, project work and presentations.